A Registered Children and Youth Worker Assistant is a subcategory of Registered Children and Youth Worker (RCYW). Anyone desiring to work with children or young people in the Community of Christ must apply and be approved as be a Registered Children and Youth Worker.
All priesthood must be Registered Children and Youth Workers or Assistants.
Having applied and been approved, young people between the ages of 15 and 20 who want to work with children and youth in the Community of Christ are registered as Registered Children and Youth Worker Assistants.
The Child Protection (Legal) office will review on at least an annual basis and update the profiles of all RCYW Assistants that have turned 21 since the previous update to signify their current status as Registered Children and Youth Workers.
RCYW Assistant Guidelines
Registered Children and Youth Worker Assistants must:
- Comply with all of Community of Christ’s child protection guidelines
- Always be in the presence of a Registered Children and Youth Worker.
- Not be given responsibility for or left in sole supervision of a group of children or young people.
- Always have the guidance of a RCYW when planning or preparing activities.
- Not be on camp staff for senior high camps without the permission of the International Headquarters Child Protection
Coordinator and the appropriate administrator for the Mission Center. (See camp staff age policy.)
Remember: Pairing two Children and Youth Worker Assistants together does not comply with criteria.