As these words find expression in the church, the following affirmations guide us:
- Stewardship is whole-life response to God’s grace and the ministry of Jesus Christ.
- One way stewardship is expressed is through the spiritual practice of tithing.
- Although tithing literally means a tenth, giving generously to one’s true capacity is the spirit of tithing.
- Tithing of time, talent, treasure, and testimony supports local and worldwide church ministries in pursuit of Jesus Christ’s mission.
- All disciples are called to live as faithful stewards who tithe.
These affirmations are part of World Conference Resolution 1314 Mission and Tithing, which was adopted by the World Conference June 11, 2016, using a common consent process.
Learn more about Tithing
Read Stassi Cramm's "Mission and Tithing" article that appeared in the September/October 2016 Herald.