These are general insurance and bonding requirements to be utilized for service providers, contractors, and subcontractors. World Church Risk Management Services will assist in reviewing insurance and bonds submitted.
World Church reserves the right to refuse to accept insurance coverage for any service provider, contractor, or subcontractor due to financial instability of the insurance company, limits, coverages, and insurance terms or conditions, or the lack thereof.
All service providers, contractors, and subcontractors shall carry the following insurance coverage:
1. Workers’ Compensation (WC) and Employers’ Liability (EL) Insurance
- EL—bodily injury by accident—$500,000 each accident
- bodily injury by disease—$500,000 policy limit
- bodily injury by disease—$500,000 each employee
2. Automobile Liability Insurance
$1,000,000 combined single limit–bodily injury and property damage for injuries to person or persons involved in an accident in connection with the work to be performed for the church
3. Commercial General Liability
- $2,000,000 general aggregate
- $1,000,000 bodily injury/property damage–per occurrence
- $2,000,000 products/completed operations–aggregate
4. Excess Liability above the EL, Automobile Liability, and Commercial General Liability
5. Installation floater or builders’ risk property policy
(installation floater–renovations and builders’ risk–new buildings/structures). This coverage will protect the church buildings/structures during the renovation or new construction of the church. Limit: amount of the contract.
6. Bid bond–contractor...
will provide a bid bond at the time of submission of bid. The bid bond will guarantee the contractor’s duty to sign a contract with the church at the terms, conditions, and price as outlined in the bid.
7. Performance, labor, and material bond
The contractor shall furnish a labor, equipment, material bond, and performance bond equal to 100 percent total cost of labor, equipment, material, contractor’s supplies, overhead, and profit of the contractor from a company authorized to do business in the state where the work is to be performed. This bonding company will be approved by the church. The cost of the bond will be paid by the church above and beyond the contract amount. These bonds are required for projects that exceed $100,000.
8. The church will be provided with a certificate of insurance...
evidencing the insurance coverage and limits as outlined above–before the start of any work. (Sample certificate of insurance for construction is attached.)
9. The church will be named as an additional insured on 2, 3, and 4 above.
The church will be named as a loss payee on 5 above. This will include the name of the local congregation and the World Church.
Please mail or fax certificates of insurance to:
Community of Christ
Risk Management Services
1001 W. Walnut St.
Independence, MO 64050-3562
Fax (816) 521-3035
Phone (816) 833-1000 ext. 1492