Poverty: God Weeps
Community of Christ Temple, Independence, Missouri, USA
There are vital issues we need to understand to truly Abolish Poverty, End Suffering.
- Where does poverty come from?
- Why is charity not enough?
- What do we need to learn about how "doing good" damages the most vulnerable?
- How is God calling us to respond more holistically?
Be part of this year's Peace Colloquy as we discuss and learn about approaches to abolishing poverty that work and are leading to sustainable, long-term change.
- Millennium Development Goals
- Stephen C. Smith's Ending Global Poverty: A Guide to What Works (NY: Palgrave Macmillan, 2008)
- Robert Lupton's Toxic Charity: How Churches and Charities Hurt Those They Help (NY: Harper One, 2012)