These tips and tools offer practical helps and theoretical background as you fulfill your ministry as an evangelist.
- The pre-ordination material, Ministry of the Evangelist, is available for purchase through Herald House.
- This bulletin insert can be shared in the program at the ordination service for a new evangelist.
Blessing - Background and Purpose
- In light of Section 165 being approved and added to the Doctrine and Covenants, the Sacrament of Evangelist Blessing Guidelines was released in December 2016.
- This document shares some creative options that can be incorporated into the sacrament of blessing.
- Putting Prayer in Context: A Practical Reference is a handy reference for all priesthood members. This practical guide offers explanations and examples of common types of prayer used throughout the church
Blessing - Recording a Blessing
- After performing a blessing, evangelists are asked to fill out this simple online report form to share some basic information about that particular blessing.
- You can use this Order of Evangelists letterhead template to create a printed copy of the blessing for the recipient.
Ongoing Ministry Reflection
- The evangelist ministry plan is a very helpful tool as you review your current ministry and make plans for future expansion and magnification of your calling.
Materials to Share With Others
- There are a number of resources that can help you share about the evangelist blessing with people who may be seeking. The Resources link will give you a complete listing of materials available both for download or for purchase through Herald House. These include brochures, booklets, and videos.
- You will also see a section of the website that is entirely focused on those seeking information about a blessing. This is another great location to send people who have questions about the ministry and blessing that you can provide.