You Have Made a Difference
Since 1980 we have distributed millions in grants to programs around the world. Your contributions have:
- Taught children peacemaking skills
- Supported abused and neglected children
- Provided hospice care
- Housed homeless families
- Helped inmates prepare for reentry into society
You Can Help
Here are a few ways you can help end suffering:
- Pray for the needs of others locally, nationally, and globally.
- Volunteer in worthwhile programs serving those in need, such as:
- Classroom assistant for students needing tutoring.
- Advocate for domestic violence and/or human trafficking survivors and programs.
- Provide transportation and companionship to seniors without access or family members.
- Mentor refugees assisting with language skills to ensure basic services and rights.
- In the USA, check out national volunteering programs: AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, and other opportunities listed at the Corporation for National and Community Service.
Your Congregation Can Help
Here are a few ways your congregation can help end suffering:
- Develop or support a program that focuses on peace, justice, or compassionate ministries. Apply for a Tangible Love grant to receive financial support for your program.
- Open your doors and partner with a community program needing space to operate weekly or monthly programs of compassionate ministries. Be sure to check with Risk Management/Legal Services about partnership agreements and insurance requirements.
- Advocate for peace, justice, human and environmental rights through reputable national and international organizations.